Need Real Estate Leads?
If the answer to this question is yes then this may be of value to you. To generate an abundance of real estate leads is and will ALWAYS be the easy part of the real estate business.
When I say that, most of the students I coached over the years looked at me as if I am from a different planet. The reality is that I have been and is generating real estate leads every single day, without spending a lot of money. The sad reality is that many real estate agent are starving for leads.
Reasons Agents are Starving for Leads
- No effective lead generation education. Unfortunately many real estate brokers do not have the knowledge to teach their agents. They still live in the past and teaching old, outdated and ineffective methods such as cold calling.
- Agents rely on one main source of lead generation and when that stop working they are out of business.
- Agents rely on lead generation companies to buy leads from. Remember with the gold rush it was the suppliers of mining equipment that became rich while very very few prospectors made any money and the majority lost everything. There is a reason these companies sell real estate leads and not working it themselves or referring them out, it is because they will not make money working it.
- Not understanding conversion. With online real estate leads the reality is that only 1% to 3% of online leads will ever buy and this is a proved fact. In addition these leads are in many instances 1 to 2 years away from buying. These companies may try and convince you otherwise. So to close 1 to 3 deals you need at the very least 100 qualified leads.
- Agents do not have a set system or set plan for lead generation with multiple facets. Let me explain – The
Pantheon in Rome was built roughly in 126AD and it is still standing strong. The reason that it is still standing after 2000 years is that the structure consist of many pillars holding it up. So even if one or two pillars fail, the rest will still hold the structure up. Your marketing campaign must also have many streams (pillars) of lead generation so when one or two become obsolete or ineffective the effect on your lead generation will be minimal.
- They are Lazy! There are 3 types of real estate agents, those that make things happen, those that wait for things to happen and those that wonder what happened! The real estate agents that are willing to learn new techniques and stay current with new developments and lead generation methods and most importantly APPLY these techniques consistently will always generate an abundance of real estate leads.
- Lack of consistency. Lead generation is a process, not an event. Any effective lead generation system rely on consistency. Consistency with marketing both online and offline.
- No lead capture system – In order to maximize lead generation efforts an effective lead capture system is an essential requirement. Again online lead capturing via a website form or lead capture via telephone call logging to mention two, this also need a multi pillar approach. Again this will require becoming educated on what is available.
How to Generate Real Estate Leads Effectively
- Multiple websites both branded and less branded. I dedicated a whole webpage on this topic. Click Here
- Effective USP. Why should clients do business with you? Visit my webpage on USP
- Effective automated lead capturing systems. Click here
- Multiple pillars such as (to mention a few):
- Paid online advertising driving traffic (Google PPC, Bing PPC, Facebook ads, Twitter ads, etc)
- Paid offline advertising driving traffic (Newspapers, real estate magazines, Innovative postcards and letters, etc)
- Free Online advertising such as Craigslist, Backpage, Ebay Classifieds, Postlets, and many more.
- Innovative listing signs with call capture functionality
- Social media strategies on places like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, etc (Strategies not surfing social media sites!)
- Track your leads. It is essential to know your ROI on each advertising campaign. Know which ads generate the leads and what platform these leads are coming from.
- Consistency. This is not only the consistency of advertising but also the consistency of testing and tweaking.
I will again stress the point that to generate an abundance of real estate leads is the easy part of the business.
You comments or views on this topic will be appreciated.