To generate leads for any type of business, the same message apply. – Offer something of value to address the
problem or question and fulfill the desire of the audience. – This sound simple but I found that there are some “Rules“. With lead generation for home based business, internet marketing may be very effective as the main source of leads.
Rules for Effective Online Lead Generation
- Stand out from the crowd – Put your business or service or product in a category of one (Why should I do business with you rather than with the competition). Easily achievable by creating an effective USP for your business or service or product. Your customers must clearly understand the benefits of doing business with you.
- Identify your market (Know your customers, who they are, where they come from, why they need your offering, what their motivation are, and how they search for the product or service)
- Adhere to the 3 M’s of marketing. There should not be any disconnect between your market, the Media and the Message. When you fully understand you customer (Market), you know where he searches online so this is where you place your offering in a clear and compelling way (Media) and when your customer go to your website, you present this offering in front of him (Message). I see many online marketers making the mistake of offering a specific service or product and then they send the customer to a general website offering all their services. This will create a disconnect and most customers will lose interest at this time. Remember the customer is only interested in solving his problem and quite frankly do not care about all your other product or service offerings.
- Capture the customer details in a on threatening way (webform) by offering something of value, so you can build your mailing list and re market to them.
- Never rely on only one form of online marketing. Think of your marketing as a building, and your types of marketing as the pillars. A building with just one pillar will eventually fall, so have at a minimum 3 strategies in place at all times.
This is the most important aspect of lead generation. Be consistent and dedicated with your marketing campaigns and you will increase and maintain your lead flow.
Remember to checkout the online university and join for free: Click here
Please leave a comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org